Must to Know
Positive changes help improve memory also seeks Attention from people and mould you the person with Neuroplasticity and comparatively Omnipotent than common people.
The above lines reveal the fulfilled definition of PIANO. With the help of this article, we can come to know that playing the piano is the best way to spread positivity and be a positive person in a smart way.
From my own experience, I can confidently answer the question HOW PLAYING THE PIANO AFFECTS THE BRAIN? Playing the piano will help improve your memory power, Attention, speech, linguistic ability, numerical proficiency, and convey your emotions by music. Music is not only a fun thing. It will connect people, pain killers for our stress, through which we can express our emotions. Piano playing a major part in everyone’s life. With these good values of music, PIANO will provide you with some extra goodness that you will get to know at the end of this article.
We love to play the PIANO, and we have been nourished with its thousands of benefits and enjoy it till today!!! We want you to get the same. This is even proved scientifically by many findings.
Magic In Music
Did you know that every time the PIANIST pick up their piano, fireworks going off all over their brain? We can see the pianist is very calm outside while playing the piano, but inside his brain, there is a party going on.
This we came to know by the findings of neuroscientists by monitoring the human brain for the last few decades. The comparative findings between how our memory system works and musicians’ memory exhibit enhanced memory functions, creativity, Storing and retrieving memories more quickly and effectively.
Will Only music provide all these benefits? How about other activities, workouts, athletics and paintings!!! Neuroscientists have explored these issues, but so far, they have found that the artistic and aesthetic aspects of learning to play musical instruments are different from any other activities, Studied including other arts.
An Experiment With Piano By Neuroscientists
With the help of instruments like FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance Imaging ) and PMT(Positron Emission Tomography) scanners, 3 types of people are experimented with to observe the changes in their brain and monitoring the areas of the brain responsible for reading and math problems.
First type: When researchers got the common people participants, they observed and reported their brain’s plasticity and Synoptic nerve functioning.
Second type: When researchers got the trained musicians’ participants, they have observed fireworks all over the brain. Multiple areas of their brains were lighting up at once as they processed the sound, took it apart to understand elements like melody and rhythm and then put it all back together into the unified musical experience. And our brain does all its work in a split second.
Third type: When observing the brains of music listeners to those of musicians, it turns out that while listening to music engages the brain in some pretty activities. Multiple brain areas light up simultaneously, processing different information in intricate, interrelated and astonishingly fast sequences.
Thus playing the PIANO engages practically every area of a brain at once, especially the visual, auditory and motor cortices. The most obvious difference between listening to music and playing it is that the latter requires fine motor skills controlled in both the hemispheres of the brain. It also combines the linguistic and mathematical precision, in which the left hemisphere is more involved with novel and creative content than the right excels in.
Promote God Health And Wellbeing
With the observation over the person who started learning piano as a beginner for few months, we can see some physical changes in his brain. Those changes improved his brain’s structural and functional ability. We can see these physical changes in the brain, not only in the younger generation but can positive changes can also be achieved with older people.
Note: We all know, what does not bend at five does not bend at fifty! But PIANO broke the rule, and it will even bend fifty plus.
Playing the piano increases motor control, listening, memory (especially of audio information). The benefits extend beyond the activity of playing the piano in your everyday life. The impact the ability to plan, coordination, language skills, attention span and alertness. To engage both your left and right hand and enjoy the musical experience try the song “We Will Rock You”, a great first song for practice. In this aspect of piano practice, follow our tips to improve your hands-coordination and Enhanced your wellbeing. Give a try to the piano.
Boost Your Emotional Quotient
The person who is Emotional intelligence/quotient can identify and distinguish emotions within himself and others to use them to guide thinking smarter. To play music along with personal interest, one should have deep listening and observation skills. This listening also upgrades your tone of voice during conversation. So this awareness helps you to be more empathetic and emotionally stronger while speaking to friends, colleagues and family.
Did you know playing the piano will make your life smarter?
Making music is not an easy task. The musician needs to plan his strategy and needs to craft the songs with emotional content. That song needs to convey the message clearly to the audience. This smartness is acheived only by practising the piano regularly. Playing a piano piece, you love takes you into a flow state.
Advantages Of Playing The Piano
- Compared to all musical instruments, the piano is easy to play. We don’t want to strain ourself physically which needed for instruments like guitar, brass or woodwind instrument.
- Playing the piano enhances your coordination, increases listening skills, upgrade reading skills, improves language skills, enhances math skills.
- With the help of real-time instruments like FMRI (Functional Magnetic Resonance imaging), we learned that playing the piano occupies a major part of the brain to get distracted from unwanted worries easily.
- Playing the piano improves mental health, which is proven by Stress relief studies. People who play the piano will have the ability to face stress because they have less anxiety, improved self-esteem, positivity and low blood pressure.
- While playing the piano, one needs to use both hands, read music, listen to the notes, and work with the pedals. So playing the piano is multitasking, and after learning the piano, the person will also do multiple tasks in the outside world. This will helps to achieve Split concentration, which is nothing but divided AttentionAttention.
- Brain Neuroplasticity is defined as the ability of the brain to physically change with improved functionality in synaptic connections, especially in response to learning or experience or following injury.
- It will improve your hand-eye coordination, reduce heart and respiratory rates, increase immune response, and make your hands and arm muscles much stronger than the average person.
- With the help of piano, we can improve our aural awareness because it trains our brain to recognize tones, intervals and chords.
- It induces the Pituitary gland, which secretes the human growth hormone. So both the piano trainer and learner can prevent the pain and aches in their old age with great energy.
- Music is a great tool to share our emotions, and it is a wonderful thing that conveys every feeling, even words can’t. So piano is a magical tool will bring miracle to the player as well as the listener.
Studies have found the musicians appear to use their highly connected brains to give each memory multiple tags, such as conceptual tag, an emotional tag, audio tag, etc., like a good internet search engine.
In this article, we have explained how playing the piano affects the brain. While playing the piano at a younger age will help children get increased abilities in academic and social pursuits, and adults can train their brains with peaceful workouts and prevent degenerative brain diseases. And various studies of participants showed the same levels of cognitive function and neural processing at the starting stage of piano learning. Analysis after 5 months showed enhancement in multiple areas, compared to the others. This recent research about the mental benefits of playing music has advanced our understanding of mental function, revealing the inner rhythms and complex interplay that makes up the amazing orchestra of our brain. So start playing the piano, be positive and spread the positive vibes to your surroundings. Hope you have found your path of peace.
Where there is a WILL, there is a WAY!!!
Where there is a PIANO, there is a POSITIVITY…